Undergraduate BE Board:Minutes - 01/07/09 Minutes

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search

Emily Jean Onufer (Talk | contribs)
(New page: {{Template:Undergrad BE Board}} <div style="padding: 10px; width: 720px; border: 5px solid #2D9258;"> '''BE UG Board Meeting'''<br> 03-30-09 <br> Coffee House, 3rd Floor Student Center <b...)
Next diff →

Current revision

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


BE UG Board Meeting
03-30-09
Coffee House, 3rd Floor Student Center
10:00PM

  1. Welcome and Attendance
      • Attendance: Alex, Maryelise, Marta, Emily Jean, Bernice, Emzo
  2. Associate Advising - email another reminder to AA's after spring break
      • Bernice will do
  3. Study Breaks
    • Thursday after spring break (after 330 exam) -- Ice Cream; Vermonster Study Break (deliver to 77 Mass Ave this time)
      • Alex will order the ice cream
    • 380 exam study break -- thoughts?
      • Great! Order more wings next time!
  4. Grad School event with Grad Students and Seniors
    • April 28th, 7:30pm (56-614 reserved by Cathy)- confirmed by Bryan Owens
    • Emzo will talk to seniors
  5. Dan Darling Internship Session
    • Marta - will check up on this, issue with Dan
  6. ROUND TABLE BE ELECTIVES discussion lunch with seniors
    • Fill out questionnaire on (1) electives (2) post-MIT plans
    • Questions we will ask?
    • Discuss whatever you want to - curriculum, life after MIT, professional development...anything, complaints, praise, wild rambling ideas.
    • Tues/Thurs, noon, week before spring break
      • Potential Dates: week of April 6th, MWF 12-1:30, 1-2:30 (more causal, planned by BEUG)
        • advertise both sessions even though one more formal vs. less formal
    • April 10 (1-2pm), following BATS
    • April 15 (12-1pm)
    • Still waiting to hear back about when this week we will meet with Professor Griffith
      • Maryelise will let us know when we will meet with them
  7. UG Lounge
    • posters - Cathy put them in lounge
    • whoever is in the lounge next will put them up!
    • Emzo emailing Doug about the GCSF poster
      • Emzo will do this!
    • keep checking on other parts of lounge - i.e. big wall-size whiteboard for tutor room (go through catalog and pick one out, comfy seats to nap, etc.
      • Marta found size - 15x5 ft.
      • need to make specific list (for Fraenkel and Cathy) with whiteboard dimensions, specific couch size, etc to order
    • suggestions box in lounge this week - Bernice
    • BE Gear Ideas
      • sweatshirts, winter hat, pencils
    • Mugs - Alex - updates?
      • They are really cheap if you get nice "beer" mugs
      • coffee mugs are around 10 dollars each
      • will they front mugs?
      • Cathy has vendor catalogue
      • Message on lounge board "BE Tumbler or Mug? Tally"
  8. Tutoring
    • Maryelise emailed Linda about 20.310 TA's
      • Griffith emailed out about 20.310 TA, waiting for response
  9. Start a pre-orientation program (Emjay)
    • Maybe do it with course 10 (Emjay will get more information from the course 9 coordinator)
      • Emjay will email Prof. Lauffen. about doing the program
      • Emjay will also talk to Orientation people
  10. Next meeting with Linda Griffith/BE-BMES - when?
    • The BioTECH
      • Got some responses from email
      • Mike Yee may write about BEUB
      • Meeting after spring break
      • Leigh and Stephanie are heading this up
    • Lunches with BE Faculty
    • Lecture Series
    • Pre-meeting with proposal/google doc/make a proposal (Bernice)
  11. Kimberly Bernard
    • Bernice--will forward the email
  12. Choosing your Major Open House
    • Emzo, Emilienne
    • March 31st
    • Publicize
  13. Make a Sophomore Rep
  14. Next BEUB meeting = Wednesday (if we do not meet with Linda)
      • Maryelise emailed Cathy about meeting with Linda
Personal tools