Undergraduate BE Board:Minutes - 03/16/09 Minutes

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Current revision (21:27, 16 March 2009) (view source)
 
Line 7: Line 7:
10:00PM <br>
10:00PM <br>
-
#Welcome and Attendance
+
#Welcome and Attendance - Maryelise, Bernice, Marta
#Associate Advising - email another reminder to AA's after spring break
#Associate Advising - email another reminder to AA's after spring break
#Study Breaks
#Study Breaks

Current revision

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


BE UG Board Meeting
03-16-09
Coffee House, 3rd Floor Student Center
10:00PM

  1. Welcome and Attendance - Maryelise, Bernice, Marta
  2. Associate Advising - email another reminder to AA's after spring break
  3. Study Breaks
    • Thursday after spring break (after 330 exam) -- Ice Cream; Vermonster Study Break (deliver to 77 Mass Ave this time)
    • 380 exam next Tuesday; 12-1; delivered to room; Maryelise will take care of it
  4. Grad School event with Grad Students and Seniors
    • April 28th, 7:30pm (56-614 reserved by Cathy)- confirmed by Brian Owens
    • Emzo will talk to seniors
  5. Dan Darling Internship Session
    • Marta - send email out to recap
  6. ROUND TABLE BE ELECTIVES discussion lunch with seniors
    • Fill out questionnaire on (1) electives (2) post-MIT plans
    • Questions we will ask?
    • Discuss whatever you want to - curriculum, life after MIT, professional development...anything, complaints, praise, wild rambling ideas.
    • Tues/Thurs, noon, week before spring break
      • Potential Dates: week of April 6th, MWF 12-1:30, 1-2:30 (more causal, planned by BEUG)
        • advertise both sessions even though one more formal vs. less formal
      • lunch will be provided
      • Cathy is working with Prof. Griffith to tie down a date - Maryelise to email and check for update
  7. UG Lounge
    • posters - Cathy put them in lounge
    • who will put them up?
    • Emzo emailing Doug about the GCSF poster
      • In the process (cyberspace)
    • keep checking on other parts of lounge - i.e. big wall-size whiteboard for tutor room (go through catalog and pick one out, comfy seats to nap, etc.
      • Marta found size - 15x5 ft.
      • need to make specific list (for Fraenkel and Cathy) with whiteboard dimensions, specific couch size, etc to order
    • suggestions box in lounge this week - Bernice
    • BE Gear Ideas
      • sweatshirts, winter hat, pencils
    • Mugs - Alex - updates?
      • Cathy has vendor catalogue
      • Message on lounge board "BE Tumbler or Mug? Tally"
  8. Tutoring
    • Maryelise emailed Linda about 20.310 TA's
      • Griffith emailed out about 20.310 TA, waiting for response
      • Most likely to be implemented next year if no response now
  9. Start a pre-orientation program (Emjay)
    • Maybe do it with course 10 (Emjay will get more information from the course 9 coordinator)
      • Emjay will email Prof. Lauffen. about doing the program
      • Emjay will also talk to Orientation people
  10. Next meeting with Linda Griffith/BE-BMES - when?
    • The BioTECH
      • Got some responses from email
      • Meeting after spring break
    • Lunches with BE Faculty
    • Lecture Series
    • Pre-meeting with proposal/google doc/make a proposal (Bernice)
  11. Kimberly Bernard
    • Bernice--no response
  12. Choosing your Major Open House
    • email seniors if they can attend
    • March 31st
    • BMES choose
    • Publicize
  13. Make a Sophomore Rep
  14. Next BEUB meeting = Monday 30th, 10pm

To Do: Maryelise - email Cathy Senior lunch, email sophomore rep Bernice - BE/BMES proposal, mug v. tumbler in BE lounge Alex - order Vermonster, BEUB 2009-2010 budget proposal

Marta - email recap on Dan's session
Personal tools