Undergraduate BE Board:Minutes - 09/16/10 Minutes

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {{Template:Undergrad BE Board}} <div style="padding: 10px; width: 720px; border: 5px solid #2D9258;"> '''BE UG Board Meeting Minutes'''<br> 09-16-10 <br> BE UG Lounge (56-046) <br> 8pm <b...)
Line 8: Line 8:
#Welcome and Attendance
#Welcome and Attendance
-
#Housekeeping: Scheduling meetings and our Budget
+
#Scheduling - Kevin will email out Doodle poll for best times
-
#Summer Updates?
+
#Summer Updates
-
#*BE FPOP... feedback?
+
#*BE FPOP - went well, students had fun; one suggestion was to incorporate long-term project for whole course of the program, so will need to get EHS clearance next year
-
#Grad School Info Session with Scott Manalis
+
#Grad School Info Session - Prof. Manalis
-
#*Tuesday, Oct. 5th 7:00pm
+
#*Will discuss preparation of grad school apps - requirements (GRE's, recommendations, etc.) and deadlines
-
#*56-614
+
#*Oct. 5th at 7:00 pm, in 56-614
-
#*Food?
+
#*Food - pizza
-
#*is there any interest in contacting Course 20 graduates who are currently in graduate school and asking them to speak at a separate event?
+
#*Will have separate event in spring with Course 20 graduate students giving advice - Grad Advising Panel
-
#Noubar Afeyan event (joint with BE-BMES)
+
#Joint event with BE-BMES - Noubar Afeyan Q&A session
-
#*Lauffenburger is trying to get this venture capitalist to come speak to our students.
+
#*Prof. Lauffenburger wants to invite him to talk about his career path: grad school to startups to venture capitalist
-
#*Tentative date is the first week in November because of his schedule...
+
#*November 1, 7:00 pm
-
#*Food - we want to do pasta, Kevin will update with more info as this thing gets planned.
+
#*Need to book room
-
#Internship Event with Dan Darling
+
#*Food - pasta? Kevin will update.
-
#*Date/Time?  
+
#Internship Event (How to Get An Internship) - Dan Darling
-
#Underground Guide
+
#*Anne will email Dan to confirm date and time - October 4, 6, 7, or 8 at 6:00 pm?  
-
#*Cathy compiled into PDF Form
+
#Underground Guide (PDF)
-
#*Distribution?
+
#*Distribute by email to mailing lists
-
#**Upload onto the website?
+
#Social Events - tentative dates
-
#**email?
+
#*Seniors: October 16, after first 20.309 project  
-
#Social Events
+
#*Juniors: November 16, after second 20.320 exam - lunch from Cosi's, 11-1
-
#*set up tentative dates
+
#*Sophomores: October 13, after first 20.110 exam - ice cream at 7:00 and 9:00, after each exam session
-
#*Seniors: something after 20.309 first project?
+
-
#*Juniors: Something after 20.320 first exam?
+
-
#*Sophomores: something after 20.110 first exam?
+
#Associate Advising
#Associate Advising
#*AA pairings have already been sent out
#*AA pairings have already been sent out
-
#*remind AA's to do things for their advisees
 
#Random stuff
#Random stuff
-
#*Find out when Curriculum meeting will be held this term
+
#*Curriculum meeting will be early November
-
#*IBE conference?
+
#*IBE conference - Dr. Kuldell thinks it would not be a good idea to have a regional conference this year, Kevin will confirm
-
#Lounge
+
#Lounge - suggestions for improvements/additions
-
#*additions?
+
#*Candy
-
#Other
+
#*Unlock the coffee machine
 +
#*Paint the walls
 +
#*Comfortable couches
 +
#*Cory (2012) will prepare email to Prof. Lauffenburger

Revision as of 21:51, 16 September 2010

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


BE UG Board Meeting Minutes
09-16-10
BE UG Lounge (56-046)
8pm

  1. Welcome and Attendance
  2. Scheduling - Kevin will email out Doodle poll for best times
  3. Summer Updates
    • BE FPOP - went well, students had fun; one suggestion was to incorporate long-term project for whole course of the program, so will need to get EHS clearance next year
  4. Grad School Info Session - Prof. Manalis
    • Will discuss preparation of grad school apps - requirements (GRE's, recommendations, etc.) and deadlines
    • Oct. 5th at 7:00 pm, in 56-614
    • Food - pizza
    • Will have separate event in spring with Course 20 graduate students giving advice - Grad Advising Panel
  5. Joint event with BE-BMES - Noubar Afeyan Q&A session
    • Prof. Lauffenburger wants to invite him to talk about his career path: grad school to startups to venture capitalist
    • November 1, 7:00 pm
    • Need to book room
    • Food - pasta? Kevin will update.
  6. Internship Event (How to Get An Internship) - Dan Darling
    • Anne will email Dan to confirm date and time - October 4, 6, 7, or 8 at 6:00 pm?
  7. Underground Guide (PDF)
    • Distribute by email to mailing lists
  8. Social Events - tentative dates
    • Seniors: October 16, after first 20.309 project
    • Juniors: November 16, after second 20.320 exam - lunch from Cosi's, 11-1
    • Sophomores: October 13, after first 20.110 exam - ice cream at 7:00 and 9:00, after each exam session
  9. Associate Advising
    • AA pairings have already been sent out
  10. Random stuff
    • Curriculum meeting will be early November
    • IBE conference - Dr. Kuldell thinks it would not be a good idea to have a regional conference this year, Kevin will confirm
  11. Lounge - suggestions for improvements/additions
    • Candy
    • Unlock the coffee machine
    • Paint the walls
    • Comfortable couches
    • Cory (2012) will prepare email to Prof. Lauffenburger
Personal tools