Undergraduate BE Board:Minutes - 09/16/10 Minutes

From OpenWetWare

Revision as of 22:49, 16 September 2010 by Anne Ye (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ←Older revision | Current revision (diff) | Newer revision→ (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


BE UG Board Meeting Minutes
09-16-10
BE UG Lounge (56-046)
8pm

  1. Welcome and Attendance
  2. Scheduling - Kevin will email out Doodle poll for best times
  3. Summer Updates
    • BE FPOP - went well, students had fun; one suggestion was to incorporate long-term project for whole course of the program, so will need to get EHS clearance next year
  4. Grad School Info Session - Prof. Manalis
    • Will discuss preparation of grad school apps - requirements (GRE's, recommendations, etc.) and deadlines
    • Oct. 5th at 7:00 pm, in 56-614
    • Food - pizza
    • Will have separate event in spring with Course 20 graduate students giving advice - Grad Advising Panel
  5. Joint event with BE-BMES - Noubar Afeyan Q&A session
    • Prof. Lauffenburger wants to invite him to talk about his career path: grad school to startups to venture capitalist
    • November 1, 7:00 pm
    • Need to book room
    • Food - pasta? Kevin will update.
  6. Internship Event (How to Get An Internship) - Dan Darling
    • Anne will email Dan to confirm date and time - October 4, 6, 7, or 8 at 6:00 pm?
  7. Underground Guide (PDF)
    • Distribute by email to mailing lists
  8. Social Events - tentative dates
    • Seniors: October 16, after first 20.309 project
    • Juniors: November 16, after second 20.320 exam - lunch from Cosi's, 11-1
    • Sophomores: October 13, after first 20.110 exam - ice cream at 7:00 and 9:00, after each exam session
  9. Associate Advising
    • AA pairings have already been sent out
  10. Random stuff
    • Curriculum meeting will be early November
    • IBE conference - Dr. Kuldell thinks it would not be a good idea to have a regional conference this year, Kevin will confirm
  11. Lounge - suggestions for improvements/additions
    • Candy
    • Unlock the coffee machine
    • Paint the walls
    • Comfortable couches
    • Cory (2012) will prepare email to Prof. Lauffenburger
  12. Other ideas - faculty dinners with Course 20 professors?
Personal tools