Undergraduate BE Board:Minutes - 10/25/10 Minutes

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {{Template:Undergrad BE Board}} <div style="padding: 10px; width: 720px; border: 5px solid #2D9258;"> '''BE UG Board Meeting Minutes'''<br> 10-25-10 <br> BE UG Lounge (56-046) <br> 7pm <b...)
Line 8: Line 8:
#Welcome and Attendance
#Welcome and Attendance
-
#Grad School Info Event with Scott Manalis - thoughts?
+
#Grad School Info Event with Scott Manalis
-
#Internship event with Dan Darling...  - thoughts?
+
#*Went really well, about 15 people showed up, lots of questions, very helpful.
 +
#Internship event with Dan Darling
 +
#*Only one person showed up - Dan says that he might be up for it again this semester
 +
#*Kevin will email Dan to decide on date
 +
#*Maybe should have pizza next time - a couple of boxes?
#Social Events
#Social Events
-
#*First one, Oct 13th after the 20.110 exam - Kevin.
+
#*Sophomores - Oct 13th after the 20.110 exam, good turnout, went very well.
-
#*10/28 at 1pm.  Let's do Pizza in the 20.309 lab - Kevin will take care of it.
+
#*Seniors - 10/28 at 1pm - Ragheb will order pizza to 20.309 lab
-
#*After the 2nd 20.320 test - some sort of food - BE UG lounge - Anne/Rageb?
+
#*Juniors - November 16 after 20.320 exam - BE UG lounge
 +
##*Will order food closer to date - pizza
 +
##*Anne - email Prof. Fraenkel to get announcement on Stellar, announcement in class before exam
#Dr. Noubar Afeyan - Joint BE-BMES Event
#Dr. Noubar Afeyan - Joint BE-BMES Event
-
#* I've been chatting with Hattie and Jessica - the poster has already been made
+
#*Poster has already been made, adverts already made, Hattie will send out?
-
#* November 1st; 7-8:30pm in room 56-114.  
+
#*November 1st, 7-8:30pm in room 56-114.  
-
#* We are footing the money for the food.
+
#*We are doing funding for food.
-
#BE FPOP - Siv/other counselors need to create a presentation for Lauffenburger
+
#BE FPOP - Prof. Lauffenburger wants wrap-up presentation, Siv in charge
#Curriculum Meetings
#Curriculum Meetings
#*November 15th - anyone here is invited to come and see what the faculty members talk about during these
#*November 15th - anyone here is invited to come and see what the faculty members talk about during these
#Elections
#Elections
-
#* Date/type of food/location (normally BE UG lounge)
+
#*Email out for platforms in mid-November, November 13th
-
#* A deadline to email out people asking for platforms!
+
#*Have elections before finals
-
#*Anything else?
+
#*Decide actual date/type of food/location closer to date - normally BE UG lounge
 +
#ASA Anti-Hazing Form - $25 fine? Kevin will take care of it.

Revision as of 19:20, 25 October 2010

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


BE UG Board Meeting Minutes
10-25-10
BE UG Lounge (56-046)
7pm

  1. Welcome and Attendance
  2. Grad School Info Event with Scott Manalis
    • Went really well, about 15 people showed up, lots of questions, very helpful.
  3. Internship event with Dan Darling
    • Only one person showed up - Dan says that he might be up for it again this semester
    • Kevin will email Dan to decide on date
    • Maybe should have pizza next time - a couple of boxes?
  4. Social Events
    • Sophomores - Oct 13th after the 20.110 exam, good turnout, went very well.
    • Seniors - 10/28 at 1pm - Ragheb will order pizza to 20.309 lab
    • Juniors - November 16 after 20.320 exam - BE UG lounge
      • Will order food closer to date - pizza
      • Anne - email Prof. Fraenkel to get announcement on Stellar, announcement in class before exam
  5. Dr. Noubar Afeyan - Joint BE-BMES Event
    • Poster has already been made, adverts already made, Hattie will send out?
    • November 1st, 7-8:30pm in room 56-114.
    • We are doing funding for food.
  6. BE FPOP - Prof. Lauffenburger wants wrap-up presentation, Siv in charge
  7. Curriculum Meetings
    • November 15th - anyone here is invited to come and see what the faculty members talk about during these
  8. Elections
    • Email out for platforms in mid-November, November 13th
    • Have elections before finals
    • Decide actual date/type of food/location closer to date - normally BE UG lounge
  9. ASA Anti-Hazing Form - $25 fine? Kevin will take care of it.
Personal tools