BE UG Board Meeting
Student Center, 2nd Floor
- FAQ for professors (to avoid e-mails from interested high schoolers)
- Dan said he would look for faculty bios
- Put up information about UROPs we’ve done
- Should go up before the start of next semester
- E-mail needs to go out soon!
- December 9 (when 20.320 final project is due)
- Delete last years’ platforms from Wiki
- Yuan – take care of food and e-mails
- Send out a survey about classes (teachers are interested in student opinions)
- Use an incentive to ensure people fill it out – gift cards?
- Model it after the survey sent out about REST electives
- How do students feel about their classes and the curricula?
- How much contact do people have with their professors outside of class?
- Ask students about the board (do they know we exist? Do they know what we do? Do they know the undergrad lounge exists?)
- What sort of restricted electives are people picking?
- Favorite course 20 class?
- Some students still need access to the lounge (are e-mailing Anne about it)
- Need to fill out ASA registration
- Recommends that a group has 5 members – we only have 4
- Should we increase the size of the board? Last year a lot of people ran for positions – enough popularity for increased size
- Fraenkel wants to have a research competition for course 20 students
- Want to encourage long-term research (minimum of one year)
- $1000 for first place, $500 for second, $300 for third
- Reminders for next week
- Design survey
- Fraenkel competition
- BE merchandise (t-shirts)