Undergraduate BE Board:Minutes - 11/23/10 Minutes

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {{Template:Undergrad BE Board}} <div style="padding: 10px; width: 720px; border: 5px solid #2D9258;"> '''BE UG Board Meeting Minutes'''<br> 11-23-10 <br> BE UG Lounge (56-046) <br> 10pm <...)
Line 9: Line 9:
#Welcome and Attendance
#Welcome and Attendance
#Social Events
#Social Events
-
#*Junior Study Break, thoughts? - Anne
+
#*Junior Study Break - went well, about 10 people came, spent $210
 +
#Budget
 +
#*Talk to Ragheb - (1) Seniors want reimbursement, (2) Kevin wants reimbursement, (3) state of the budget - how much left? How many can we spend on the last event
#BE FPOP  - Siv
#BE FPOP  - Siv
#*Reunion - Scheduled for December 3rd.  Siv and I will take care of everything
#*Reunion - Scheduled for December 3rd.  Siv and I will take care of everything
#*Presentation - Kevin needs to talk with the rest of the counselors
#*Presentation - Kevin needs to talk with the rest of the counselors
 +
##*Prof. Lauffenburger wants to know how the FPOP went.
 +
##*Kevin will think about it.
#Elections
#Elections
-
#* Date/type of food/location (we should do the second week we get back right after 20.320).
+
#*Thursday, December 9 at 11:00 am, after 20.320 last class
-
#* A deadline to email out people asking for platforms - has been set for the 5th - Kevin will send out reminders.  
+
#*Cheesecake will be provided - need to check about budget, Kevin will pick up, as long as someone else orders
-
#BE Prize for research - just so it's on your mind for next semester.
+
#*Kevin will email again a week before platforms are due to remind.
-
# Lounge!!! - Cathy has already ordered everything that I have asked for, it should be getting into the lounge soon.
+
#BE Research Prize
-
#Anything else?
+
#*Available for seniors in their last semester who have done at least 1 year of research on the same project
 +
#*Applicants write proposal (research article format), if selected as semifinalist do presentation
 +
#*Winner wins $1000 (may decrease) - also keep possibility of multiple winners and prizes in mind
 +
#*Judges - panel of Course 20 profs
 +
#*Prof. Fraenkel will talk to Prof. Lauffenburger to discuss details - BEUB will await update
 +
#Lounge
 +
#*Cathy has ordered everything suggested - Kevin will get update
 +
#*Yuan will paint the BE turtle on the blank BE UG lounge wall
 +
#FPOP for next year
 +
#*Ask for counselors by December/January (1st thing next president will do), so that we can interview in February

Revision as of 22:37, 23 November 2010

Image:UGMITBETopBEBoard2.gif

Home              UG Program Info              Members              Meetings              Pictures       Curriculum       Links              Contact us      


BE UG Board Meeting Minutes
11-23-10
BE UG Lounge (56-046)
10pm

  1. Welcome and Attendance
  2. Social Events
    • Junior Study Break - went well, about 10 people came, spent $210
  3. Budget
    • Talk to Ragheb - (1) Seniors want reimbursement, (2) Kevin wants reimbursement, (3) state of the budget - how much left? How many can we spend on the last event
  4. BE FPOP - Siv
    • Reunion - Scheduled for December 3rd. Siv and I will take care of everything
    • Presentation - Kevin needs to talk with the rest of the counselors
      • Prof. Lauffenburger wants to know how the FPOP went.
      • Kevin will think about it.
  5. Elections
    • Thursday, December 9 at 11:00 am, after 20.320 last class
    • Cheesecake will be provided - need to check about budget, Kevin will pick up, as long as someone else orders
    • Kevin will email again a week before platforms are due to remind.
  6. BE Research Prize
    • Available for seniors in their last semester who have done at least 1 year of research on the same project
    • Applicants write proposal (research article format), if selected as semifinalist do presentation
    • Winner wins $1000 (may decrease) - also keep possibility of multiple winners and prizes in mind
    • Judges - panel of Course 20 profs
    • Prof. Fraenkel will talk to Prof. Lauffenburger to discuss details - BEUB will await update
  7. Lounge
    • Cathy has ordered everything suggested - Kevin will get update
    • Yuan will paint the BE turtle on the blank BE UG lounge wall
  8. FPOP for next year
    • Ask for counselors by December/January (1st thing next president will do), so that we can interview in February
Personal tools