User:Allison K. Alix/Notebook/CHEM-581/2013/02/15
|Experimental Chemistry|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
We will look at the following solutions for preparing microgels:
1) 0.5g PVOH, 4 mL buffer, 50 mL oil
2) 0.25g PVOH, 3 mL buffer, 50 mL oil
3) 0.14g PVOH, 3mL buffer, 50 mL oil
In addition to this, we will cross link already formed hydrogels from 02/01/2013
1) Heat ~75mL gluteraldehyde fixant solution (contains 0.1M HCl and Na2SO4) to 60°C
2) Place 5 hydrogels in solution with 1mL gluteraldehyde.
3) Gradually take 1 hydrogel out every 15 minutes and store in water.
4) Observe effects of crosslinkage
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.