User:Allison K. Alix/Notebook/CHEM-581/2013/03/08
|Measuring Dye Absorbance|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
-Suspend hydrogels back into solution
-Attach dye to hydrogels once they are in solution
-Measure the amount of dye absorbed
1) Add 0.1 g of hydrogel (1 sample with lecithin and one without) in 5mL phosphate buffer
2) Sonicate for ~25 minutes or until hydrogels have separated
3) Add 5 μL of dye.
4) Allow hydrogels to absorb dye
5) Measure the absorbance of each solution in 15 minute intervals (1mL aliquots)
6) Add 1 mL distilled water for every 1mL taken out of solution
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.