User:Allison K. Alix/Notebook/CHEM-581/2013/03/18
|Preparation of Liposome|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Prepare Lipid Bilayer
1) Dissolve 100mg transfection reagent in 5mL chloroform
2) Remove 1mL of solution and place in a seperate vial. Allow to evaporate.
3) Once evaporated, add 1mL phosphate buffer to redissolve lipids
4) 3 freeze-thaw-vortex cycles were applied to the solution to create the multilameller vesicles
5) These multilamellar vesicles were then converted to unilamellar vesicles by passing through a nucleopore membrane
methyl violet 0-2
methyl red- 4.4-6.2
bromocresol purple- 5.2-6.8
bromophenol blue 6.0-7.6
cresol red 7.2-8.8
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.