I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Andreas Birbach
- Medical University of Vienna
- Center for Physiology and Pharmacology
- Schwarzspanierstrasse 17
- A-1090 Vienna, Austria
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- email me
I work in the Birbach lab at Medical University of Vienna. I am currently setting up my lab page.
- 2008-2009 Senior Postdoc, Medical University of Vienna
- 2006-2008 Postdoc, Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Cancer Research
- 2006, PhD, University of Basel, Switzerland
- 2000, MS, University of Vienna, Austria
- Cellular plasticity in prostate cancer development
- Inflammatory diseases
- Transgenic animals
(only to give you an idea. Please see my lab page/Publications for further publications.)
Persistent inflammation leads to proliferative neoplasia and loss of smooth muscle cells in a prostate tumor model. pmid=21847361 
This paper defines the role of inflammation in a specific mouse prostate tumor model
A Probasin-MerCreMer BAC allows inducible recombination in the mouse prostate pmid=19830822 
We created a mouse strain expressing an inducible form of the Cre recombinase in prostate epithelial cells.
Profilin, a multi-modal regulator of neuronal plasticity pmid=18798527
A paper giving an overview of my previous research interests
The Actin Cytoskeleton: Central Regulator of Dendritic Spine Form and Function in Dendritic Spines: Biochemistry, Modeling and Properties. ISBN 978-1-60741-460-5