|(3 intermediate revisions not shown.)|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Anja Raschke
- Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry
- Quint Lab
- Weinberg 3
- D-06120 Halle (Saale) - Germany
- in 2007 I joined the Quint Lab for PhD studies
- 2006, Diplom (~MSc), Martin-Luther-University Halle Wittenberg, Institute of Genetics (U. Bonas Lab)
- 2001-2006 study of biology at the institute of biology at the Martin-Luther-University Halle Wittenberg
- 2000-2001 study of political science at the institute of political science at the Martin-Luther-University Halle Wittenberg
Currently, my work is focused on one project. we have revealed extensive natural variation for auxin responses in the root in world-wide arabidopsis ecotype collections (delker et al., planta 2008) and could recently determine the first quantitative trait loci (QTLs) involved in the inheritance of this genetic variation (as well as QTLs for responses to other phytohormones). the question that arises is which genes are underlying the QTLs and what are the allelic variants responsible for the variation? to address these questions we are fine-mapping the target intervals and make use of the vast genetic resources of arabidopsis thaliana to come up with a reasonable number of candidate genes that can be tested for their ability to functionally complement the differences in auxin response.
- Delker C, Raschke A, and Quint M. . pmid:18299888.