User:Anthony J. Wavrin
- Anthony J. Wavrin
- Loyola Marymount University
- Email me
- Campus Address: LMU B-7312
- Majoring in Biology with a minor in Chemistry and Philosophy, Loyola Marymount University
- Expected graduation date, May 2013
- General Physiology (and Lab)
- Vertebrate Field Biology (and Lab)
- Island Biology
- Microbiology (and Lab)
- Plant Physiology
- Biochemistry (and Lab)
- Advanced Chemistry topics: Nanotechnology
- Linear Algebra
BIOL398: Biomathematical Modeling
What are my career interests and goals?
- I have always an interest in entering the medical field, more specifically, as a physician. I currently have plans of attending medical school beginning fall of 2013 with aspirations of both practicing and conducting research.
What is my favorite aspect of Biology?
- My favorite aspect of biology is the intricate systems that exist and the ability for them to be maintained. This includes both macroscopically, such as in ecosystems, and microscopically, such as with in a cell. This has led me to become very interested in physiology.
What is my favorite aspect of Math?
- My favorite aspect of Math is that there are typically multiple ways to approach and attempt to solve a solution but, all of the techniques point towards the same result/answer.
Do you have any worries or concerns about this class at this point?
- The only concern of mine is the programming and formatting on OpenWetWare.
Is there anything else you would like the instructors to know?
- There is nothing at the moment that I would like to add.
I have been working in a Drosophila melanogaster genetics lab for the past three years. My research project is using D. melanogaster as a model organism for Alzheimer's disease.
- LMU Undergraduate symposium. Los Angeles, CA (twice)
- West Coast Biological Sciences Undergraduate Research Conference. Tacoma, WA and Los Angeles, CA
- Southern California Conference for Undergraduate Research. Walnut, CA and Camarillo, CA
- Anthony J. Wavrin
- Week 2 Journal
- Week 3 Journal
- Week 4 Journal
- Week 5 Journal
- Week 6 Journal
- Week 8 Journal
- Week 9 Journal
- Week 11 Journal
- Week 12 Journal
- Week 13 Journal
- Week 14 Journal
- Week 1 Shared Journal
- Week 2 Shared Journal
- Week 3 Shared Journal
- Week 4 Shared Journal
- Week 5 Shared Journal
- Week 6 Shared Journal
- Week 8 Shared Journal
- Week 9 Shared Journal
- Week 11 Shared Journal
- Week 12 Shared Journal
- Week 13 Shared Journal
- Week 14 Shared Journal
- Anthony J. Wavrin/Matthew E. Jurek Metabolic Pathways Project
- Week 11 Journal Club 2 Slide: Table 1
- Week 13 Journal Powerpoint