User:Anthony Salvagno/Notebook/Research/2011/04/22/Final Day of Troubleshoot and More Tests

From OpenWetWare

< User:Anthony Salvagno | Notebook | Research | 2011 | 04 | 22(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: {{qn}} ==Gel of Final Product== This is to test whether there is even any DNA after gel extraction. ==New PCR== Koch suggested that I try heating up the elution buffer to possibly get bet...)
Current revision (15:36, 22 April 2011) (view source)
(Gel of Final Product)
 
Line 2: Line 2:
==Gel of Final Product==
==Gel of Final Product==
This is to test whether there is even any DNA after gel extraction.
This is to test whether there is even any DNA after gel extraction.
 +
 +
This was sort of redundant, but important nonetheless, because Pranav had already tethered and got tethers and possibly unzipped. But I ran the gel anyways and found that there was maybe '''2.5ng/ul''' or possibly a little more, but definitely '''not''' 5ng/ul as had been stated.
==New PCR==
==New PCR==
Koch suggested that I try heating up the elution buffer to possibly get better yields. It dawned on me that the centrifuge was in the fridge and that might counteract the heating. So I removed the centrifuge from the fridge and am doing the whole process again to see if that improves anything. Let's start with the PCR.
Koch suggested that I try heating up the elution buffer to possibly get better yields. It dawned on me that the centrifuge was in the fridge and that might counteract the heating. So I removed the centrifuge from the fridge and am doing the whole process again to see if that improves anything. Let's start with the PCR.
{{ShowGoogleExcel|id=0Agbdciapt4QZdGdTbW1ORy1GeGpJMGhnWHR0NFNDUWc|width=500|height=300}}
{{ShowGoogleExcel|id=0Agbdciapt4QZdGdTbW1ORy1GeGpJMGhnWHR0NFNDUWc|width=500|height=300}}

Current revision

Quick Navigation: Pages by Category | List of All Pages | Protocols

Gel of Final Product

This is to test whether there is even any DNA after gel extraction.

This was sort of redundant, but important nonetheless, because Pranav had already tethered and got tethers and possibly unzipped. But I ran the gel anyways and found that there was maybe 2.5ng/ul or possibly a little more, but definitely not 5ng/ul as had been stated.

New PCR

Koch suggested that I try heating up the elution buffer to possibly get better yields. It dawned on me that the centrifuge was in the fridge and that might counteract the heating. So I removed the centrifuge from the fridge and am doing the whole process again to see if that improves anything. Let's start with the PCR.

View/Edit Spreadsheet
Personal tools