- Anugraha Raman
- Harvard College
- I'm a Junior concentrating in "Biomedical Engineering" with a secondary interest in
"Global Health & Health Policy".
- 2012, AB, Biomedical Engineeringwith a Secondary in Global Health & Health Policy Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
My research interests include Synthetic Biology, Bioethics & Gene patenting, Biomolecular Computers & 'in vivo' Computing and the use of personal genomics for diagnostics.
- Summer ’10 Harvard iGEM Team: Engineered personalized hypo-allergenic foods using RNAi techniques
- Fall ’09 and Spring ’10: Engineered optical communication in yeast via mating type switching
- Fall ’09 LS100r: Synthetic biology research on 3D nanostructures using caDNAno and PCR techniques
- Summer ’09 Harvard iGEM Team: Engineered optically communicating yeast and bacteria
- Spring ’09 LS100r: Synthetic biology research on in vivo computing using RNAi techniques
- 9/’06-5/’07, 9/’07-5/’08 DSHS: Computational biology tools- Blast, ClustalW, BioPython
During the summer of '09, I worked in the Harvard Biolabs on synthetic biology research as part of the Harvard 2009 iGEM team, and am continuing to work on this in the Northwest Labs. During the spring of '09, I worked on another synthetic biology project ("Building a biological computer, one microRNA at a time") under Jason Lohmueller (PI: Yaakov Benenson) for LS 100r.
- Synthetic Biology: The emerging potential for practical "Smart Medicine" is fascinating. Also, I am intrigued by the implications of the design of a minimal cell.
- Bioethics & Gene Patenting: I'm outreach chair for HUBS, and am interested in the evolving "state of gene patenting"
- Biomolecular Computers & 'in vivo' Computing: Living cells that can be programmed to sense, process a set of "instructions" and respond to these "instructions."
I don't have any publications of my own yet, but I find these interesting:
Error fetching PMID 9563938:
Error fetching PMID 19458720:
- Error fetching PMID 19478183:
- Error fetching PMID 9563938:
- Error fetching PMID 19458720: