- Anugraha Raman
- Harvard College
- 184 Pforzheimer Mail Center
- 56 Linnaen Street
- Cambridge, MA, 02138, USA
- I'm a sophomore planning to concentrate in "Human Developmental and Regnerative Biology"(HDRB).
This past summer ('09), I worked in the Harvard Biolabs on synthetic biology research as part of the Harvard 2009 iGEM team, and am continuing to work on this in the Northwest Labs. This past spring ('09), I worked on another synthetic biology project ("Building a biological computer, one microRNA at a time") under Jason Lohmueller (PI: Yaakov Benenson) for LS 100r.
I'm ecstatic about being a part of Biophysics 101! Viva Synthetic Biology!!!
- 2012, AB, HDRB Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
My research interests include Synthetic Biology, Bioethics & Gene patenting, Biomolecular Computers & 'in vivo' Computing and Epigenetics. My other interest are listed here.
- Synthetic Biology: The emerging potential for practical "Smart Medicine" is fascinating. Also, I am intrigued by the implications of the design of a minimal cell.
- Bioethics & Gene Patenting: As a freshman council member in [HUBS, I focused on high school outreach. I originally joined because I wanted to nurture and engage in discussions relating to the field of gene patenting.
- Biomolecular Computers & 'in vivo' Computing: Living cells that can be programmed to sense, process a set of "instructions" and respond to these "instructions."
I don't have any publications of my own yet, but I find these interesting:
- Friedland AE, Lu TK, Wang X, Shi D, Church G, and Collins JJ. . pmid:19478183.
- Heller MA and Eisenberg RS. . pmid:9563938.
- Douglas SM, Dietz H, Liedl T, Högberg B, Graf F, and Shih WM. . pmid:19458720.
This fall ('09) in LS100r I'll be working under Shawn Douglas (PI: George Church)on "DNA nanotechnology: building on the nanometer scale"
// leave a comment about a paper here