- Anugraha Raman
- Harvard College
- 184 Pforzheimer Mail Center
- 56 Linnaen Street
- Cambridge, MA, 02138, USA
- I'm a Junior concentrating in "Biomedical Engineering".
During the summer of '09, I worked in the Harvard Biolabs on synthetic biology research as part of the Harvard 2009 iGEM team, and am continuing to work on this in the Northwest Labs. During the spring of '09, I worked on another synthetic biology project ("Building a biological computer, one microRNA at a time") under Jason Lohmueller (PI: Yaakov Benenson) for LS 100r.
I'm ecstatic about being a part of Biophysics 101! Viva Synthetic Biology!!!
My research interests include Synthetic Biology, Bioethics & Gene patenting, Biomolecular Computers & 'in vivo' Computing and the use of personal genomics for diagnostics. My other interest are listed here.
- Synthetic Biology: The emerging potential for practical "Smart Medicine" is fascinating. Also, I am intrigued by the implications of the design of a minimal cell.
- Bioethics & Gene Patenting: I'm outreach chair for HUBS, and am interested in the evolving "state of gene patenting"
- Biomolecular Computers & 'in vivo' Computing: Living cells that can be programmed to sense, process a set of "instructions" and respond to these "instructions."
I don't have any publications of my own yet, but I find these interesting:
- Friedland AE, Lu TK, Wang X, Shi D, Church G, and Collins JJ. . pmid:19478183.
- Heller MA and Eisenberg RS. . pmid:9563938.
- Douglas SM, Dietz H, Liedl T, Högberg B, Graf F, and Shih WM. . pmid:19458720.