(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 13:40, 20 November 2013
| Biomaterials Design Lab: Fall 2013
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
To synthesize hemoglobin-AuNPs and lysozyme-AuNPs.
Creating the Gold Stock Solution
- Add 0.0524 g of HAuCl4·3H2O to a 50 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of gold stock was 2.66 mM.
Creating the Lysozyme Stock Solution
- Add 0.0717 g of lysozyme to a 50 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of lysozyme stock was 100.28 μM.
Creating the Hemoglobin Stock Solution
- Add 0.0117 g of hemoglobin to a 50 mL volumetric flask and fill with distilled water.
- The final concentration of hemoglobin stock was 15 μM.
Solutions with the following Au:protein ratio were synthesized:
- Gold to Hemoglobin Ratio
- Gold to Lysozyme Ratio
- As seen below, the corresponding amount of protein was added to a 50 mL volumetric flask and filled with distilled water. The samples were made in small test tubes and capped with aluminum foil.
- The samples were heated at 80°C for 4 hours.