User:Carsten C. Mahrenholz
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Carsten C. Mahrenholz
- Molecular Libraries and Recognition Group
- Charité Medical School
- Berlin, Germany
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Institute of Medical Immunology at Charité Medical School. I've joined because Hopefully I can find some people to share information about my phd-topics (coiled-coils and SPOT-synthesis) and add some related methodical and input value.
- 2006-2010 PhD (Boichemistry)
Institute of Medical Immunology, Charité Medical School, Berlin and Freie University, Berlin
- 2001-2005 Dipl. Biol. (Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Immunology)
Humboldt University, Berlin and Gutenberg University, Mainz
- 2006-2008 MBA (General Management - Dual Award)
Berlin School of Economics, Berlin and Ashcroft International Business School, Cambridge, UK
- Coiled-Coil interaction, stoichometry and peptide design (We use biochemical high-throughput(SPOT- and Peptide-Synthesis) methods, biophysics (ITC, AUZ, Biacore) and informatics (SVM) to define the rules of association on the amino-acid level.)
- association landscapes for coiled-coil protein interaction
- evolution theory
- Mahrenholz CC and Portwich M. Peptides interacting with alpha-helical coiled-coil streuctures and/or coiled-coil sequences, substances derived therefrom, and use thereof (WO/2007/068240)
- Portwich M, Keller S, Strauss HM, Mahrenholz CC, Kretzschmar I, Kramer A, and Volkmer R. . pmid:17211913.
- Ay B, Streitz M, Boisguerin P, Schlosser A, Mahrenholz CC, Schuck SD, Kern F, and Volkmer R. . pmid:17117459.
- Fidan Z*, Mahrenholz CC*, Portwich M, Volkmer R. Analyses of coiled-coil associations by SPOT technology. Chem Today 2008; 26(2) 28-32.
Communications and Talks
- Mahrenholz CC, Schuck S, Kretzschmar I, Ay B, Volkmer R. An optimized SPOT synthesis protocol: High-throughput synthesis of peptides with authentic and free C-termini. Chem Bio Net (2005)
- Volkmer R, Portwich M, Strauss HM, Mahrenholz CC, Kretzschmar I, Keller, S. Analysis of coiled-coil associations by SPOT technology and biophysics. 8th German Peptide Symposium (2007)
- Mahrenholz CC, Promiscuous coiled-coils and their pharmacological potential. 6th Bionnale (2008)
- Abfalter IG*, Mahrenholz CC*, Bodenhofer U, Hochreiter S. Analyzing Coiled Coil Proteins With Support Vector Machines to Design New Anti-Viral Drugs. Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology (2008)
- Mahrenholz CC, Tapia V, Stigler R, Volkmer R. Peptides crossreacting with detection systems – Analysis at the amino acid level. 9th Peptide Symposium (2009)
- Mahrenholz CC*, Abfalter IG*, Bodenhofer U, Volkmer R, Hochreiter S. Defining distinctive rules for stoichiometry and recognition of coiled coil proteins using bioinformatical methods. 9th Peptide Symposium (2009)