I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Chaitanya Athale
- IISER, Pune, India
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I head the Self Organization and Cell Morphogenesis Lab at IISER Pune, India. I learned about OpenWetWare from From news about the OpenWetware and news about the iGem projects., and I've joined because I have learnt quite a bit from the openwetware Wiki and would like to contribute to the community effort. The idea of open-source biology is exciting since only through reproducibility of protocols and a collaborative environment can we all make progress. Naturally there are experimental tricks of the trade which are best picked up in situ, but moving from qualitative to quantitative biology will need this kind of collaborative mentality.
- 2003, PhD, DKFZ Heidelberg, Germany
- 1998, MSc, Zoology Dept, Pune University, India
- 1996, BSc, Botany, Fergusson College, Pune, India
- Pattern formation
- Cell system modelling
- Reaction-diffusion systems
- Quantitative Microscopy
- Swarming behaviour in experiment and theory
- Mahajan S and Athale CA. . pmid:23260045.
- Athale CA and Chaudhari H. . pmid:21930671.
- Athale CA, Dinarina A, Mora-Coral M, Pugieux C, Nedelec F, and Karsenti E. . pmid:18948504.
- Zhang L, Athale CA, and Deisboeck TS. . pmid:16949103.
- Athale CA and Deisboeck TS. . pmid:16126230.
- Athale CA, Christensen MO, Eils R, Boege F, and Mielke C. . pmid:15268774.
- Bacher CP, Reichenzeller M, Athale C, Herrmann H, and Eils R. . pmid:15560848.
- Werner Dubitzky (Editor), Jennifer Southgate (Editor), Hendrik Fu� (Editor). Understanding the Dynamics of Biological Systems. Springer. isbn:9781441979636.