|Line 2:||Line 2:|
Revision as of 19:38, 31 January 2011
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Chet Chamberlain
- Brigham Young University
- Provo, UT
- Email me through OpenWetWare
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT Fall 2004 - Present Expected graduation April 2012, earning B.S. in Genetics and Biotechnology with emphasis on microbial genetics Minors in Business Management and Microbiology Relevant courses include:
- Mentored Lab Techniques: Hands-on experience researching a gene starting from RNA extraction and designing specific primers to replication, sequencing, and studying the gene with bioinformatic software.
- Molecular and Cellular Biology Courses: In-depth study of the inner workings of cells with a focus on general strategies and modern techniques of experimentation as well as interpreting data from contemporary publications.
- Genomics: Integrated knowledge of cellular functions with modern DNA sequencing techniques to better understand implications of modern research published in scientific journals.
- Genetics: Solved challenging statistical and logical problems built around complicated patterns of genetic inheritance in plants, animals, and humans.
- Botany: Actively participated in small-group discussions regarding intricate plant functions and the critical role of plants in the biosphere.
- Advanced Physiology: In-depth study of mammalian tissues and organ systems and their pathogens focusing on homeostasis with human as the model organism.
- Statistics: Employed various formulas to determine the significance and probability of error of data gathered from experimentation.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Studied how to increase outputs to inputs of organizations through organizational structure, strategy, and leadership.
- Basic Computer Programming: Designed and implemented original algorithms for simple programs and databases using Java platform.
- Particularly practical applications in the fields of energy, medicine, food supply, and biotechnology.
Error fetching PMID 13718526:
- Error fetching PMID 6947258:
- Error fetching PMID 13718526:
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.