User:Christopher M Gowen
m (→Contact Info)
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
Revision as of 15:41, 8 February 2010
Hello! I am a Ph.D. student in the Systems Biological Engineering Laboratory under the direction of Dr. Stephen Fong at Virginia Commonwealth University. My primary research interest is in the use of large scale in silico models to better understand and engineer microbial metabolism. Please feel free to email me.
Chris Gowen Virginia Commonwealth University PO Box 843028 Richmond, VA 23284-3028
804-827-7000 ext 414
- 2008, MS Engineering, Department of Chemical and Life Science Engineering, Virginia Commonwealth University
- 2006, BS Biosystems Engineering (Concentration in Biotechnology), Clemson University
- Minor in Bioengineering
- Calhoun College Honors
- Gowen C.M., Fong S.S. (2009) "Genome-scale constraint-based metabolic models as tools for engineering cellulosic biofuel production", Chemistry and Biodiversity (in press) doi: 10.1002/cbdv.200900314
- Oral Presentation - Roberts, S.B., Gowen, C.M., Fong, S.S. (2009) "Genome-scale constraint-based metabolic models as tools for engineering cellulosic biofuel production", The Summit on Systems Biology, June 16, 2009, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA.
- Poster - "Genome-scale constraint-based metabolic model of Clostridium thermocellum" , BioSysBio, March 23-25, 2009, Cambridge University, UK
I'll think of something to put here.
Where is the Life we have lost in living?
Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?
--T. S. Eliot, Choruses from The Rock