|Line 47:||Line 47:|
'''Dr. Mershin project manager during my R&D work on the MIT RealNose'''
Revision as of 21:11, 2 December 2009
Brian L. Cook, Ph.D.
I recently completed a post-doc as Detector Layer team leader for the MIT RealNose project, a DARPA-funded effort to engineer a biologically-based smell sensor utilizing olfactory receptor proteins. The project stemmed from my Ph.D. research project on the large-scale purification and characterization of olfactory receptors.
I've also enjoyed working in synthetic biology as a Graduate Advisor to the 2007 and 2008 MIT iGEM teams. For more info on iGEM (the International Genetically Engineered Machine competition), please see:
- Cook BL, Steuerwald D, Kaiser L, Graveland-Bikker J, Vanberghem M, Berke AP, Herlihy K, Pick H, Vogel H, and Zhang S. . pmid:19581598.
- Ren H, Yu D, Ge B, Cook B, Xu Z, and Zhang S. . pmid:19223978.
- Jiang X, Austin PF, Niederhoff RA, Manson SR, Riehm JJ, Cook BL, Pengue G, Chitaley K, Nakayama K, Nakayama KI, and Weintraub SJ. . pmid:19596792.
- Cook BL, Ernberg KE, Chung H, and Zhang S. . pmid:18682799.
- Austin PF, Cook BL, Niederhoff RA, Manson SR, Coplen DE, and Weintraub SJ. . pmid:15371785.
- Deverman BE, Cook BL, Manson SR, Niederhoff RA, Langer EM, Rosová I, Kulans LA, Fu X, Weinberg JS, Heinecke JW, Roth KA, and Weintraub SJ. . pmid:12372300.
- He S, Cook BL, Deverman BE, Weihe U, Zhang F, Prachand V, Zheng J, and Weintraub SJ. . pmid:10594038.
Shuguang Zhang, Ph.D.
- Associate Director, MIT Center for Biomedical Engineering
- 500 Technology Square, NE47-379; Cambridge, MA 02139
- Phone: (617) 258-7514
- Fax: (617) 258-5239
- Email: email@example.com
Dr. Zhang served as my Ph.D. thesis advisor and principal investigator throughout my research at MIT
Andreas Mershin, Ph.D.
- MIT RealNose Project Manager, MIT Center for Biomedical Engineering
- 500 Technology Square, NE47-383; Cambridge, MA 02139
- Phone: (617) 515-4192
- Fax: (617) 258-5239
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Mershin served as my project manager during my R&D work on the MIT RealNose
Steven J. Weintraub, M.D.
- Department of Internal Medicine, St. Louis VA Medical Center–John Cochran Division
- 915 North Grand Blvd; Saint Louis, Missouri 63106
- Phone: (314) 652-4100 x55298
- Email: email@example.com
Dr. Weintraub served as my principal investigator throughout my research at Washington University School of Medicine