|Line 2:||Line 2:|
===Brian L. Cook, Ph.D.===
===Brian L. Cook, Ph.D.===
'''cookb [at] mit [dot] edu'''
Revision as of 12:43, 1 April 2010
Brian L. Cook, Ph.D.
I recently completed a post-doc as Detector Layer team leader for the MIT RealNose project, a DARPA-funded effort to engineer a biologically-based smell sensor utilizing olfactory receptor proteins. Our work at MIT stemmed from my Ph.D. research project on the large-scale purification and characterization of olfactory receptors.
I've also enjoyed working in synthetic biology as a Graduate Advisor to the 2007 and 2008 MIT iGEM teams. For more info on iGEM (the International Genetically Engineered Machine competition), please see:
- Kong DS, Cook BL, Liu WE, Corin KA,Ravel DB, Melo P, Zhang S, Jacobsen JM. Cell-free synthesis of olfactory receptor membrane proteins in microfluidic devices. Manuscript in preparation.
- Cook BL, Steuerwald D, Kaiser L, Graveland-Bikker J, Vanberghem M, Berke AP, Herlihy K, Pick H, Vogel H, and Zhang S. . pmid:19581598.
- Ren H, Yu D, Ge B, Cook B, Xu Z, and Zhang S. . pmid:19223978.
- Jiang X, Austin PF, Niederhoff RA, Manson SR, Riehm JJ, Cook BL, Pengue G, Chitaley K, Nakayama K, Nakayama KI, and Weintraub SJ. . pmid:19596792.
- Cook BL, Ernberg KE, Chung H, and Zhang S. . pmid:18682799.
- Austin PF, Cook BL, Niederhoff RA, Manson SR, Coplen DE, and Weintraub SJ. . pmid:15371785.
- Deverman BE, Cook BL, Manson SR, Niederhoff RA, Langer EM, Rosová I, Kulans LA, Fu X, Weinberg JS, Heinecke JW, Roth KA, and Weintraub SJ. . pmid:12372300.
- He S, Cook BL, Deverman BE, Weihe U, Zhang F, Prachand V, Zheng J, and Weintraub SJ. . pmid:10594038.
Shuguang Zhang, Ph.D.
- Associate Director, MIT Center for Biomedical Engineering
- 500 Technology Square, NE47-379; Cambridge, MA 02139
- Phone: (617) 258-7514
- Fax: (617) 258-5239
- Email: shuguang [at] mit [dot] edu
Dr. Zhang served as my Ph.D. thesis advisor and principal investigator throughout my research at MIT
Andreas Mershin, Ph.D.
- Project Manager, MIT RealNose
- 77 Massachusetts Avenue, NE47-383; Cambridge, MA 02139
- Phone: (617) 515-4192
- Email: mershin [at] mit [dot] edu
Dr. Mershin served as my project manager during my R&D work on the MIT RealNose
Steven J. Weintraub, M.D.
- Department of Internal Medicine, St. Louis VA Medical Center–John Cochran Division
- 915 North Grand Blvd; Saint Louis, Missouri 63106
- Phone: (314) 589-6033
- Email: sjweintraub [at] gmail [dot] com
Dr. Weintraub served as my principal investigator throughout my research at Washington University School of Medicine
Harvey F. Lodish, Ph.D.
- Professor of Biology and Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Whitehead Institute, Suite 601; 9 Cambridge Center; Cambridge, MA 02142
- Phone: (617) 258-5216
- Fax: (617) 258-6768
- Email: lodish [at] wi [dot] mit [dot] edu
- Administrative Assistant: Mary Anne Donovan; (617) 258-5217; donovan [at] wi [dot] mit [dot] edu
Prof. Lodish served as thesis chair of my MIT Ph.D. committee
Angela M. Belcher, Ph.D.
- Germeshausen Professor of Materials Science and Engineering and Biological Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 16-244A; Cambridge, MA 02139
- Phone: (617) 324-2800
- Email: belcher [at] mit [dot] edu
- Administrative Assistant: Jared Embelton, (617) 252-1163, jarede [at] mit [dot] edu
Professor Belcher served as co-advisor on my MIT Ph.D. thesis committee
K. Dane Wittrup, Ph.D.
- J.R. Mares Professor of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Building E19-551; 77 Massachusetts Avenue; Cambridge, MA 02139
- Phone: (617) 253-4578
- Fax: (617) 253-1954
- Email: wittrup [at] mit [dot] edu
- Administrative Assistant: Don McGaffigan; (617) 253-1652; dpmcgaff [at] mit [dot] edu
I worked as a Teaching Assistant for Prof. Wittrup during Fall 2004
Peter A. Carr, Ph.D..
- Research Scientist
- MIT Media Lab, Center for Bits & Atoms
- 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room E15-435; Cambridge, MA 02139
- Phone: (617) 324-1947
- Email: carr [at] media [dot] mit [dot] edu
- Additional references available upon request