- Run UV-vis and Fluorescence on p-sorbitol in phosphate buffer and mannitol in tris buffer samples in either MeOH, acetone, acetonitrile, ethyl acetate, water, or chloroform.
- 11.7mg mannitol in Tris buffer, solvent: MeOH
- 10.0mg mannitol in Tris buffer, solvent: Acetone
- 9.4mg p-sorbitol in phosphate buffer, solvent: MeOH
- 10.1mg p-sorbitol in phosphate buffer, solvent: Acetone
- all the mannitol in tris buffer samples were vortexed and centrifuged before being measured
- Centrifuge settings were as follows:
- 0:16 seconds
- 851 rotor
- all the p-sorbitol in phosphate buffer samples were sonicated for 3 hours in their respective solvents.
- Each solvent was used as a blank.
- The data was corrected for the blank and a corrected baseline.
- UV-vis scanned from 200-800nm
- Fluorescence was run with an emission scan of 310-550nm at an excitation of 290nm and scan speed of 100nm/min.
Only MeOH and Acetone samples (for both mannitol in tris and p-sorbitol in phosphate) were run today. The rest of the samples will be run tomorrow.