User:Dileep D. Monie
I work in the Wilmer Eye Institute at the JHU School of Medicine. I learned about OpenWetWare from the 24C3 Endy lecture, and I've joined because I am interested in contributing to the BBF Technical Standards.
- Synthetic Biology
- Standards - Establishing standards for biological parts to ensure interoperability and allow for construction of complex systems
- Biocircuits - Implementing wetware abstraction layers to allow creation of devices for cellular computation and communications
- Epigenetics - Manipulating chromatin structures with histone and DNA modifications as a form of biological software programming
- Delivery Systems - Making viruses or other vectors for targeted delivery of DNA parts into an established host genome
- Immunology - Defining the theoretical framework and designing components for an artificial immune system
- Drug Discovery - Designing cell reporter systems to detect biomolecule interactions and perturbations in signal transduction
- Astrobiology - Engineering energy pathways and lifeforms sustainable in extreme environments
- Biocomputing - Integrating logic biocircuits on a very large scale in single cell and multicellular systems
- Biosecurity and Biosafety
- Policy - Balancing the needs of an open hacker community with access restrictions
- Testing and Certification - Establishing an "Underwriters Laboratories" for developing standards and test procedures for biosafety
- Countermeasures - Designing fail-safe mechanisms to mitigate potential synthetic biology abuses
OWW Brain Dump
- Monday SR, Vath GM, Ferens WA, Deobald C, Rago JV, Gahr PJ, Monie DD, Iandolo JJ, Chapes SK, Davis WC, Ohlendorf DH, Schlievert PM, and Bohach GA. . pmid:10201994.
- Vath GM, Earhart CA, Monie DD, Iandolo JJ, Schlievert PM, and Ohlendorf DH. . pmid:10441117.
- Kelly JR, Rubin AJ, Davis JH, Ajo-Franklin CM, Cumbers J, Czar MJ, de Mora K, Glieberman AL, Monie DD, and Endy D. . pmid:19298678.
- Rajnish Prasad, editor-in-chief; Scott Kahan, editor-in-chief; Pankaj Mohan, associate editor. In a page. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007. isbn:9780781764964.
Contributed section on "Pulmonary Hypertension" (pp. 148-9)