User:Dirk Van Swaay
Dirk van Swaay
Department of Bioengineering
I am a fourth year MEng student in Bioengineering at Imperial College London. I am currently in an exchange programme at UC Berkeley, in California. My main focus this year is my Master's project, which I am undertaking with Professor Luke Lee, at UC Berkeley. Besides my project, this semester, I am taking two classes - Robotics and Introduction to BioMEMS.
- MEMS (Microelectromechanical systems) for Lab-on-a-Chip devices and biomedical sensors.
- Vesicles and the encapsulation of DNA and gene expression machinery inside phospholipid vesicles.
- Association colloid science
- Experiment design and wetlab work
- Observation and imaging
- Chassis characterisation
- Biological modelling with nonlinear dynamics