- Douglas Densmore
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Boston University
- 8 Saint Mary's St.
- Boston, MA 02215
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I am currently an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Boston University. I also am a member of the Center for Advanced Biotechnology in the BioMedical Engineering Department and maintain my wetlab there. My research is at the interface of electronic design automation (how we build electronic components) and synthetic biology.
I was the instructor for UC Berkeley's 2008 and 2009 computational iGEM teams.
As a post doc I worked in the Donald O. Peterson center for electronic system design at the University of California, Berkeley. I focused on system level design methodologies. In particular I am interested in architecture modeling and refinement verification. I learned about OpenWetWare from from other users, and joined because wanted to be more involved in the community.
For more information about my efforts in synthetic biology please see: http://www.clothocad.org
- 2010-Present - Assistant Professor at Boston University
- 2009-2010 - SynBERC Postdoctoral Fellow
- 2007-2009 - UC Chancellor's Postdoctoral Fellow
- 2007, PhD, UC Berkeley - Electrical Engineering
- 2004, MS, UC Berkeley - Electrical Engineering
- 2001, BSE, University of Michigan - Computer Engineering
- Synthetic biological tools
- Embedded system level architecture modeling
- Programmable hardware architectures
- Formal verification
- Error fetching PMID 20335162:
- Douglas Densmore, Abhijit Davare. A Platform-Based Design Methodology for the Electronic System Level. VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller e.K. isbn:3836473143.