I am working in transplant immunology research at Georgetown Transplant immunology can be considered as a subfield of immunology. It studies the interactions of host organism with grafted tissues or organs.
"Laws of transplantation"
- Transplants between inbred strains will succeed.
- Transplants between inbred strains will fail,
- Transplants from a member of an inbred parental strain to an F-1 offspring will succeed, but those in the reverse direction will fail.
- Transplant from F2 and all subsequentt generations to F1 animals will succeed.
- Transplants from inbred parental strains to the F2 generation will usually, but not always fail.