This page is under construction, please come back later to check the most recent information.
Transplant Tolerance Induction for Solid Organ Transplantation
1/20/06 -- Transplant Tolerance Is being constructed.
NOTE: This website is a place where you could find some introductory recent information on transplantation tolerance. It is currently prepared by one individual, therefore it is restricted in terms of rigorous verification and "recentness". If you would like to contact me for anything please feel free to do so:e-mail.
Immunosuppressor agens used
- Antilymphocyte antisera: Antilymphocyte globulin, thymoglobulin, rituximab.
- Immunosupressor drugs: Sirolimus, Tacrolimus
Adjuvant donor bone marrow (BM) infusion
- Whole unfractionated BM infusion.
- Fractionated BM infusion
- Enriched BM progenitor cell infusion
"Laws of transplantation"
- Transplants between inbred strains will succeed.
- Transplants between inbred strains will fail,
- Transplants from a member of an inbred parental strain to an F-1 offspring will succeed, but those in the reverse direction will fail.
- Transplant from F2 and all subsequentt generations to F1 animals will succeed.
- Transplants from inbred parental strains to the F2 generation will usually, but not always fail.