To synthesize a solution of AuNP, to continue to take UV-vis data over time of 70 Au/BSA solution synthesized on 01/31/11, and to determine the effect of tris buffer on protein fibers also synthesized on 01/31/11.
- Combine 2 mL of 3.66 mM HAuCl4 and 6.04 mL of 0.0173 mM BSA in a test tube.
- Dilute to 20 mL with water.
- Place in oven at 80°C.
- Leave solutions in oven for 3 hr.
- Continue to take UV-vis data of 1 mL 70 Au/BSA ratio solution synthesized on 01/31/12 over time.
Determining the effect of tris buffer on 166 Au/BSA ratio solution
- Take UV-vis data of 166 Au/BSA ratio solution synthesized on 01/31/12.
- Add 2 mL 50 mM tris buffer (pH 10.1) to solid protein fibers (no solution).
- Allow fibers to settle.
- Take UV-vis data of tris/fiber solution.
- Graph of absorbance vs wavelength of the AuNP solution synthesized on 01/31/12 over time.
- Graph of the peak absorbance value versus time of the AuNP solution synthesized on 01/31/12.
Over time, absorbance values increase dramatically.
- Graph of the wavelength at which the peak absorbance was recorded versus time.
Over time, the optimum wavelength tends to get shorter.
- Graph of absorbance vs wavelength of the protein fibers with added 50 mM tris buffer (pH 10.1)