To synthesize gold nanoparticles from BSA and HAuCl4. A mini prep was also performed.
- 100 μL of BSA (15.5 uM) and 100μL of HAuCl4 (2.9 mM) were mixed in an epitube. Two reaction mixtures were made, labeled A and B.
- The reaction mixtures were placed in a heat block set to 70°C. Tube A was taken out of the heat block for 10 minutes every 30 minutes, while Tube B was left in the heat block for the entire reaction time.
- 5 mL of LB were placed in a tube.
- 5 μL of ampicillin were added to each tube.
- 1 colony was added to each tube.
- The tubes were placed on the shaker.
- At the end of the reaction, Tube A hard a dark purple clump at the bottom of the reaction tube. Tube B had purple fibers floating in the middle of the tube.
- Final concentration of BSA in both reactions was 1.55 uM. The final concentration of HAuCl4 was 0.29 mM in both reaction mixtures.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.