To perform FTIR on the three evaporated samples from yesterday.
- Grind KBr crystals to obtain a fine powder.
- Divide the powder into 4 samples. One of the samples to be tested (70 molar ratio w/ dye, 166 molar ratio with dye, and BSA HCl with dye)was added to one of the 3 of the powder samples. The fourth sample did not have anything added to it and serve as a blank.
- The powders were compressed into pellets by using a pellet press
- The pressed pellets were then placed in the FTIR and spectra were taken
- Add data and results here...
- A KBr pellet was used, because the samples are not soluble in ethanol if dichloromethane.
- Desired ratio of sample to KBr is 5%
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.