To crosslink the prepared glutaraldehyde film, make additional glutaraldehyde film, prepare 500 mL of 20 ppm CuSO solution and NaSO4 solution, and dry clays
Crosslinking Glutaraldehyde Films
- Allow the PVOH film containing glutaraldehyde to dry completely.
- Prepare a solution of 100 mL H2O, 2 mL concentrated H2SO4, and 20 g Na2SO4 in a 150 mL beaker. (solution is referred to as glutaraldehyde fixant)
- Place stir bar in beaker and a Buchner funnel top (cap) over the stir bar
- Heat solution to 70°C (temperature on hotplate should be about 160)
- Place film in solution for one hour.
- Prepare 100 mL of a 1% HCl solution in a 150 mL beaker. Place a stir bar and an inverted buchner funnel into beaker.
- Add data and results here...
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.