| Experimental Chemistry
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
Prepare 3 PVOH/glutaraldehyde films, make another PVOH/Na-MT/glutaraldehyde film, attach a dye to the PVOH in a film, and prepare a solution of 0.01 M Na2SO4
PVOH/Glutaraldehyde Film Preparation
- 1 g PVOH was dissolved in 7 mL of water.
- Once all the PVOH had dissolved, 1 mL of glutaraldehyde was added.
- The solution was stirred for 5 minutes and then was poured into a dish and allowed to evaporate until Friday.
PVOH/Na-MT/Glutaraldehyde Film Preparation
- 1 g PVOH and 0.1 g Na-MT were dissolved in 7 mL H2O on a heated hot plate.
- Once the PVOH dissolved, 1 mL of glutaraldehyde was added.
- The gel was stirred for 3 minutes and then was poured into a plastic dish and was allowed to evaporate until Friday.
PVOH/Dye film preparation
- Place 1 g PVOH in a small beaker
- Dissolve in 7 mL of 0.1M NaHCO3/Na2CO3 buffer (pH=10) to deprotonate
- Heat and stir to dissolve
- Add 1 mg of dye (5-(4,6-Dichlorotiazinul Aminofluorescein)
- Stir for 1 hr
- Pour into dish
0.01 M Na2SO4 Solution Preparation
- 0.354 g Na2SO4 was added to 500 mL water in a volumetric flask.
- No data was collected today
- The PVOH/dye solution turned a bright fluorescent yellow immediately as the dye was added.