(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 14:41, 30 November 2012
| Experimental Chemistry
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
To conduct the salt test on the porphyrin film.
Porphyrin Salt Test
- The porphyrin film was removed from the 2% wt H2SO4 and was placed in the sodium sulfate prepared last class.
- The time for the porphyrin film to change from green to pink was recorded. (took
- The film was sliced to have the width of the UV-Vis cuvette.
- The thickness of the film was measured.
- The sliced film was placed in the cuvette and a UV-Vis spectra was taken.
- The sliced film was then placed into additional 2% wt H2SO4 until it turned green. (Time to turn green =
- Once the film slice had turned green, it was placed into the solution of aluminum sulfate prepared last class.
- Add data and results here...