Prepare a phosphate buffer, add bacteria to the LB broth to make the bacteria starter culture, and calculate how much protein needs to be added to each hydrogel
Phosphate buffer preparation
- Used henderson hasselbalch equation to determine how much monosodium phosphate and disodium phosphate were needed to make a phosphate buffer.
- Calculated that ______ of monosodium and ______ of disodium were needed to make 1 L of buffer
- Used half of the calculated amounts to make 500 mL solution
- Added the amounts of monosodium and disodium phosphate to a volumetric flask
- Filled most of the way with water, used a stir bar to dissolve
- Adjusted the pH so that it was between 7 and 9 (ours was at 7.6), then added water the rest of the way.
- Checked pH again to make sure it was still in the range (still 7.6)
- Covered with parafilm
Sterile techniques were used to add a swab of bacteria to the broth that had been autoclaved on Monday. The bacteria were placed on a shaker overnight at 37°C
No data was collected today.
This area is for any observations or conclusions that you would like to note.
Use categories like tags. Change the "Course" category to the one corresponding to your course. The "Miscellaneous" tag can be used for particular experiments, as instructed by your professor. Please be sure to change or delete this tag as required so that the categories remain well organized.