(Upload didn't work - retrying with PDF.)
(Added text to indicate updated Project 1 presentation)
|(One intermediate revision not shown.)|
|Line 88:||Line 88:|
Revision as of 09:20, 28 February 2013
BIOL 398.03 / MATH 388
- Loyola Marymount University
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Elizabeth Polidan Home
- 2015, BS, Biomathematics, Loyola Marymount University
- Biochemistry & Cell Physiology
- Conservation Biology Seminar
- Principles of Evolution
- Probability & Statistics
- Biomathematical Modeling (current)
- Biomathematics Research
- Data Structures
- Unix and shell programming
- C Programming
- Stochastic modeling
- Agent-based modeling
- Energy budgets
I have been working with Professor Fitzpatrick on a model of the energy budget of a spider.
My Interests in Biology and Mathematics
- My favorite aspect of biology is the fact that everything is connected and inter-dependent. I love the complexity.
- My favorite aspect of mathematics is that you can use it as a tool to understand the world, from ecosystems to social interactions to physics.
Work somewhere to apply my analytical skills to a variety of problems.
Concerns and Information of Note
- My one concern is that I had cell biology and biochemistry a loooong time ago. I hope that does not affect my ability to understand the biology content.
- I do not know of anything else I would like the instructors to know. Except, perhaps, that I'm excited about this course!
Media:Polidan_Project_1.zip <- Updated file