Ellis O'Neill is a Postdoctoral Scholar at in the Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
9500 Gilman Drive
E-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently working at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD, California, from January 2014. Working with Brad Moore's group on Natural Product biosynthesis.
- Previously worked at the John Innes Centre in Norwich, UK, from October 2009 to December 2013. Working with | Professor Rob Field's, in the department of Chemical Biology, on synthetic glycobiology and molecular engineering.
- Summer 2009 spent in Plant Sciences department at Cambridge University continuing work on his undergraduate project with | Professor David Baulcombe on Riboswitches and RNA silencing, expressing the silencing supressor protein p19 in Chalmydomonas reinhardtii.
- Graduated with a BA in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University in 2009.
- Summer 2008 Ellis worked in the Genetics and Plant Sciences Departments at Cambridge University as part of the | Cambridge University 2008 iGEM team., culminating in the iGEM competion hosted at MIT, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Molecular Engineering
- Synthetic Biology
- Molecular Biology of Plants and Microbes