30C6HSL: Adventures in the land of light-activated psychochemical agents
N-substituted arylcyclohexylamines (3-oxo-hexanoyl-homoserine lactone)
- Chuck: Are you sure this is it this time?
- Oracle: Trust me.
- Oracle: 30C6HSL is really your thing.
- Chuck: Fine. I imagine you want to make a point about LuxR.
- Oracle: I beg to differ ?
- Chuck: Dude, you are hard to follow sometimes.
- Oracle: I suggest you pass more time studying how C6 homoserine lactones enter nitrogen and purine metabolism.
- Chuck: I have impression C6 hexanoyl may hold the clue and condense to form the 1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinoline enantiomer.
- Oracle: Shh. You have some balls to put this there without any warning shot.
- Chuck: I beg to differ...
- Chuck: I have no mean to accept psychochemical warfare without any warning shot.
- Oracle: Right. You kids dont understand well the psychology of war.
- Chuck: My fb account is loaded with slave cuties.
- Oracle: LOL
BBa_C0061: visualizing LuxR/EnvZ pathways through 30C6HSL
'Yeast based quorum sensing and trans-splicing evidences in H. sapiens: Transforming E. coli with AHLs - BBa_C0061
- ATCC 96604 (P48445) - Download: FASTA FILE 1
- ATCC 204508/S288c - UNIPROT (Adenylyl cyclase-associated protein) : P17555
Design of your mutant g-protein receptor: From 30C6HSL to Heterocyclics oxazole
In regard of fine tuning E. coli for mutant protein acquisition, amplification, and overpression of the CAMK2B gene, the following excerpt from the OMIM.org database has this to say on the relevance of CAMK2 osmolitic dimer: "By Western blot analysis, Thiagarajan et al. (2002) found that the protein levels of Camk2a and Camk2b were inversely related during activity in cultured rat pup hippocampal neurons. The levels of Camk2a increased with heightened activity, and the levels of Camk2b increased with suppression of activity. Thiagarajan et al. (2002) hypothesized that the change in the ratio may help tune the Camk2 holoenzyme to changing intensities of Ca(2+) signaling." 1
- Note 2 (On cytosolic mutant proteins isoforms): Wang et al. (2000) identified and cloned CAMK2B by searching an EST database using mouse Camk2b. They obtained a full-length cDNA by 5-prime RACE of a brain cDNA library. Wang et al. (2000) also identified 5 splice variants resulting from alternative splicing within 7 central variable domains, termed V1 to V7. The deduced proteins have calculated molecular masses between 49 and 60 kD. Transient transfection of 3 CAMK2B variants in HEK293 cells revealed that all 3 were cytosolic proteins.
- Exercise 1: Briefly Speaking, what is a cytosolic protein and which calmodulin-related receptors (hint: think high-affinity osmolitic regulation of the osmY gene, etc..) such mutant proteins may modulate?
- Note: You're free to use your notebooks to accomplish this experiment, however wikipedia links will not be acceptable data.
- See also:
- Morphology of breast cancer through activation of the "S1PR4" receptor, an unexpected finding from the synthesis of oxazole derivatives:
- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/NM_003775.3 GeneRIF: findings highlight an important role for S1P(4) and SK1 in ER(-) breast cancer progression.
- Expression of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 4 and sphingosine kinase 1 is associated with outcome in oestrogen receptor-negative breast cancer http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/protein/NP_003766.1
- google key words: benzodiazepine, oxazole, CAMK2B