< User:Etienne Robillard | Notebook
- Polyvinyl alcohol: PVA (PVOH)
- Polyvinyl acetate: PVAc
- A general purpose cross-linking reagent for imine type chiral nucleophilic reactions for which PVA may be used to reflux aminoacetaldehyde products as N-substituted catalysts for effective oil-in-water nanoemulsion (adjuvant) of gold-mediated nanoparticles into a organic media.
Myths and Facts about Pva
- Chuck: If Acetonitrile may be converted to PVA, why is PVA not a functional 2-cyanoethyl reagent?
- Oracle: Sure... Acetonitrile is a convenient cyanide aniomeric catalyst... Heck, there no doubt in my mind its N terminal can provide the required energy for efficient proton ion pumping...
- Chuck: What do you mean with that? Is that even proper english? For an oracle you seem a little unreasonable...
- Oracle: No kidding... you can surely convert PVOH solutions back to an acid... Ask a chemist... Oracle are good merely for solving uncomputable problems.,,Not discrete mathematics...So don't be uppity! Once upon a time I was metaprogramming pythons for a living, not real organisms or nothing fancy, just computable numbers...
- Chuck: So..?
- Oracle: Life is injust!
- Oracle: You have to realize your full potential to live as a mere racemic enantiomer..
- Chuck: I don't understand this.
- Oracle: okay... Fine with me!