Courses and Educational Material
Synthetic Biology Education
I am the founder of the Virginia Genetically Engineered Machine Team, a synthetic biology research group of undergraduate students at the University of Virginia, which competes in MIT's international Genetically Engineered Machines competition. In 2007, I directed the inaugural VGEM Team. I served as an advisor to the 2008 VGEM Team and directed the first introductory synthetic biology course at UVA, which I created as part of my undergraduate thesis. Hopefully, I'll be able to establish a similar team here at VCU.
- Spring 2008, University of Virginia - Biological Systems Design
- Fall 2009, Virginia Commonwealth University - Synthetic Biology Fundamentals
- University of Virginia 2007
- University of Virginia 2008
- Virginia Commonwealth University 2009