(Lab website|UM faculty website|UM faculty profile)
Dr. Ganesh Sriram is an Assistant Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at University of Maryland. He earned his bachelor's and master's degrees in chemical engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. He graduated a Ph.D. in chemical engineering in 2004 from the lab of Dr. Jacqueline Shanks at Iowa State University. From 2004 to 2007, he was a postdoctoral researcher in the labs of Dr. Katrina Dipple and Dr. James Liao at UCLA.
Dr. Sriram's research interests are metabolic engineering and systems biology, especially metabolic flux analysis and gene regulatory network analysis. See lab research page for more information.
1208D Chemical and Nuclear Engineering Bldg. 090
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742-2111
Phone: (301) 405-1261; Fax: (301) 405-0523; Email: gsriram[at]umd[dot]edu
Awards and honors
- Minta Martin Award, A. James Clark School of Engineering, University of Maryland, 2008
- Best Presentation Award, Third International Congress on Plant Metabolomics, 2004
- Metabolic Engineering III Fellowship, Engineering Conferences International, 2000
- Best Innovative Potential Master’s Thesis Award, Indian National Academy of Engineering, 1999 (Conferred by the Prime Minister of India)
- Young Scientist Award for Best Research Paper, International Congress for Sustainable Development of Environment, 1997
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- American Chemical Society
- American Society of Plant Biologists
Selected recent publications
- Rahib L, Sriram G, Harada MK, Liao JC, and Dipple KM. . pmid:19121967.
- Sriram G, Rahib L, He JS, Campos AE, Parr LS, Liao JC, and Dipple KM. . pmid:18029214.
- Iyer VV, Sriram G, Fulton DB, Zhou R, Westgate ME, and Shanks JV. . pmid:18194425.
- Sriram G, Iyer VV, Bruce Fulton D, and Shanks JV. . pmid:17888703.
- Sriram G, Fulton DB, and Shanks JV. . pmid:17532015.