- this site is under construction -
- 1989 - 1996, study of Biology, Universities of Bayreuth and Tübingen (Germany)
- 1995 – 1996, Diploma project, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Physiology and Medicine, McGill University, Montréal, Canada
- 1996, Diploma (Biology), University of Tübingen
- 1996 – 1999, PhD project, Max-Planck-Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Tübingen
- 1997 - 1998, Graduiertenkolleg Neurobiologie, Tübingen
- 2000, PhD (Animal Physiology), University of Tübingen
- 2000 - 2003, Postdoc with C. Schwarz, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tübingen
- 2003 - 2005, Postdoc with R. A. Pearce, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- 2005 - present, Research Scientist, Section of Experimental Anaesthesiology, University Hospital of Tübingen
My principal research interest lies in the modulation of cortical and hippocampal networks by classical neuromodulators (acetylcholine) and substances interfering with GABAergic inhibition. Current projects are
- Cholinergic modulation of GABAergic inhibition in neocortex
- Enhancing spillover of GABA to peri- und extrasynaptic GABA(A) receptors – a possible route to anesthesia?
A methodological focus is the development of software tools (mostly written in Matlab) for data analysis and experimental control in the neurosciences. The aim is to produce customized and efficient/automated tools. Projects past and present include
- 'Measures of effect size toolbox' (with Maik Stüttgen, University of Bochum), available at the Matlab Central File Exchange and SourceForge
- time- and frequency domain analysis of multielectrode field potential recordings
- graphical user interface programs for event detection (e.g. spikes, postsynaptic currents) and IPSC fitting
- event-triggered stimulation/feedback control of behavioral setup for awake behaving rodents
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. . pmid:6947258.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.