User:Heather N. Currey/Notebook/Taylor C. elegans Lab Notebook/2013/05/28

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Autocreate 2013/05/28 Entry for User:Heather_N._Currey/Notebook/Taylor_C._elegans_Lab_Notebook)
(Entry title)
Line 6: Line 6:
| colspan="2"|
| colspan="2"|
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
-
==Entry title==
+
==28 May 2013==
-
* Insert content here...
+
*make carbinicillin 50mg/mL
 +
      prepared 10mL (.5 grams antibiotic salt from Lab fridge), lost 3mL because the filter didn't handle the pressure of the syringe well. The antibiotic pooled on the top of the filter, I made attempts to recapture it into the non sterile falcon tube then reprocessed it through the filter, but I still lost quite a bit. Preparation was done in the hood using a 10 mL (cc) Luerlok syringe and Sterile Acrodisc 13 single use 0.2µm filter (Gelman Sciences product# 4454)
 +
*make RNAi Plates
 +
      Adam assisted in making the dry mix for 60 med RNAi plates as per the [https://docs.google.com/a/alaska.edu/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhERO1cJQWNHdHdNMkptVVpyeF9DMGVWQ0ZWcW1rOFE&usp=sharing plate pouring spreadsheet]. Plates were poured in the hood by Heather after adding the additives specified by the spread sheet for 60 plates. I made enough plates for both Skyler and I to each have 10 treatments though I forgot to add extra for the plate check but give that we should only need 2 plates per treatment it should be ok.
 +
*make LB
 +
*egglay for Ins-1
 +
*inoculate for plate screen 
 +
*bleach w/Adam
 +
*read Lockery 2012
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit below this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit below this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->

Revision as of 16:36, 28 May 2013

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

28 May 2013

  • make carbinicillin 50mg/mL
      prepared 10mL (.5 grams antibiotic salt from Lab fridge), lost 3mL because the filter didn't handle the pressure of the syringe well. The antibiotic pooled on the top of the filter, I made attempts to recapture it into the non sterile falcon tube then reprocessed it through the filter, but I still lost quite a bit. Preparation was done in the hood using a 10 mL (cc) Luerlok syringe and Sterile Acrodisc 13 single use 0.2µm filter (Gelman Sciences product# 4454)
  • make RNAi Plates
     Adam assisted in making the dry mix for 60 med RNAi plates as per the plate pouring spreadsheet. Plates were poured in the hood by Heather after adding the additives specified by the spread sheet for 60 plates. I made enough plates for both Skyler and I to each have 10 treatments though I forgot to add extra for the plate check but give that we should only need 2 plates per treatment it should be ok. 
  • make LB
  • egglay for Ins-1
  • inoculate for plate screen
  • bleach w/Adam
  • read Lockery 2012


Personal tools