User:Ilya/Yeast/Mating pheromone response pathway
m (Yeast:Mating pheromone response pathway moved to User:Ilya/Yeast/Mating pheromone response pathway)
|(One intermediate revision not shown.)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[:Mating pheromone response pathway/GPCR|GPCR]]
*[[:Mating pheromone response pathway/Ras|Ras]]
*[[:Mating pheromone response pathway/Pheromone|Pheromone]]
*[[:Mating pheromone response pathway/Cdc28|Cdc28]]
- Crosstalk in the pathways is eliminated by formation of pathway-specific complexes (Ste5:Ste11:Ste7:Fus3, Pbs2:Ste11:Hog1)
- In S. cerevisiae, meiosis is initiated only by diploid cells deprived of glucose and nitrogen and grown in the presence of a nonfermentable carbon source 
Pheromone processing genes
- carries out C-terminal methylation of prenylated proteins including a-factor, Ras1p, and Ras2p
- encodes the prenylcysteine-dependent carboxyl methyltransferase that mediates methylation, the final step in modification of CAAX proteins; Ste14p is also membrane associated 
- Dipeptidyl aminopeptidase A involved in maturation of a-factor
- Protease involved in proteolytic step of a-factor N-terminal processing
- RAM1, RAM2
- Required for a-factor prenylation
These genes are part of the mating machinery in yeast but not necessary part of the mating pheromone response pathway.
- Swe1 - protein kinase that regulates the G2/M transition by inhibition of Cdc28p kinase activity
- Ras1 - pombe homolog interacts with MAPKKK
- SAG1 (α-agglutinin) - provides tight cell-cell adhesion during mating in S. cerevisiae.
- FUS1 - protein with SH3 domain required for cell fusion during mating, located at the tip of the mating projection
- BNI1/YNL271C (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Formin, nucleates the formation of linear actin filaments, involved in cell processes such as budding and mitotic spindle orientation which require the formation of polarized actin cables, functionally redundant with BNR1
- Pathway architecture overview
- Tzung KW, Williams RM, Scherer S, Federspiel N, Jones T, Hansen N, Bivolarevic V, Huizar L, Komp C, Surzycki R, Tamse R, Davis RW, and Agabian N. . pmid:11248064.
- Ashby MN, Errada PR, Boyartchuk VL, and Rine J. . pmid:8212897.
- Kofahl B and Klipp E. . pmid:15300679.
- Banuett F. . pmid:9618441.
- Bardwell L. . pmid:15374648.