User:Iris E. Sheu
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Iris Sheu
- Email: isheu [at] mit [dot] edu
I learned about OpenWetWare from class, and I've joined because of 20.109 lab class.
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2012
Year of Graduation
isheu AT mit DOT edu
Have you taken or are you taking...
20.320 (Cell Kinetics): currently taking
7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry): completed
7.06 (Cell Biology): currently taking
5.310 (General Chemistry Lab): have not taken
Do you have any experience culturing cells (mammalian, yeast or microbial)?
Yes, with mammalian cells
Do you have any experience in molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)?
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
- Summer fellowship at the University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center: Seeded and differentiated iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes in 3D collagen based hydrogels
- UROP in the Khademhosseini Lab: Worked with embryonic stem cells in hybrid hydrogel environments.
- Summer REU at the Rowland Institute: Designed and fabricated microfluidic devices for time-resolved, high-throughput cell imaging.
- UROP in the MIT-Novartis Center for Continuous Manufacturing: I had various projects including studying different heterogeneous nucleation systems and developing a method for crystallization of spherical particles.
Please briefly describe any previous technical communication experience you have
- Written Communication: This year I helped to write a review article for my UROP and in previous summer research experiences I have had to write full reports on my projects.
- Oral Communication: I have given powerpoint presentations on my research projects for my summer research projects.
Anything else you would like us to know?
- MIT Class of 2014
- Course 20
- Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine