User:Jan Willem Broekema
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Jan Willem Broekema
- European Cetacean Society
- Web editor ECS
- Brikkenwal 20
- NL-2317 GT Leiden, The Neterhlands
- E jw at broekemaweb dot nl
- M =31-(0)6-1828.9742
When the European Cetacean Society was founded in 1987 I added a Computer Support Group. In 1992 this became the Internet Support Group and in 1993 I designed the first ECS website . In 2008 I handed the editing and maintenance over to the Council of the ECS and opened this interactive community for the ECS.
- 1982, drs. in mathematics and science (biology), University of Leiden
I worked during my studies on the "grand themes" of biology: evolution, systematics, ecology, (functional) morphology, ethology and philosophy.
My primary interest is zoology, so my subjects for study were parasitic wasps, mammals in general, whales and dolphins, but also frogs for example. After I finished my studies I worked on soil pollution and the risks associated with growing food crops in private setting (garden greenery).
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. . pmid:6947258.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.