User:Jan Willem Broekema
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Jan Willem Broekema
- European Cetacean Society (former web editor, member of Council)
- Brikkenwal 20
- NL-2317 GT Leiden, The Netherlands
- E jw at broekemaweb dot nl
- M +31-(0)6-1828.9742
- 1982, drs. in mathematics and science (biology), University of Leiden
I worked during my studies on the "grand themes" of biology: evolution, systematics, ecology, (functional) morphology, ethology and philosophy.
My primary interest is zoology, so my subjects for study were parasitic wasps, mammals in general, whales and dolphins, but also frogs for example. After I finished my studies I worked on soil pollution and the risks associated with growing food crops in private setting (garden greenery).
When the European Cetacean Society was founded in 1987 I added a Computer Support Group. In 1992 this became the Internet Support Group and we set up five (now seven) mailing lists, first on Mailbase and now on Jiscmail. In 1993 I designed the first ECS website. In 2008 I handed the editing and maintenance over to the Council of the ECS and opened this interactive community for the ECS.
In 2008 I started this community on OpenWetware to help the members of the ECS to become interactive participants in knowledge sharing.
- Jan Willem 15:14, 13 June 2008 (UTC)
- Report marine biology excursion Norway 1978.-- Subfaculty Biology. Rijksuniversiteit Leiden: 1-39.
- Thar she blows! Determineertabel voor tandwalvissen (Odontoceti).-- Het Zeepaard 42 (4): 94-105.
- Bodemverontreiniging en voedingsgewassen.-- Afdeling Milieu, Provinciale Waterstaat Zuid Holland: 1-72.
- Catalogue of Cetacea in the Collection of the Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie, Leiden.-- Zool. Meded. 57 (7): 67-79
- Walvissen en dolfijnen.-- Booklet for the Waldo (=whale/dolphin) exhibition. Reprinted per exhibition.
- Exhibition Waldo.-- Interview on Radio Gent (B).
- Walvissen en dolfijnen van de Indische Oceaan en Indonesische wateren.-- Graphic determination tables for the Snellius II expedition to Indonesia by the National Museum for Natural History.
- De Bruinvis in Nederlandse wateren.-- Bruinvis Symposium Oostende VVBZ 1985.
- Kanttekeningen bij Strandingen.-- Marswin 7 (4): 137-142.
- + C. Smeenk (eds), 1987. Report of the 1987 Meeting, Hirtshals, Denmark. The European Cetacean Society.
- On the Collecting and Exchange of Information on Cetacean Strandings.-- Lutra 30: 109-112.
- Publication on strandings in Natuur & Techniek.