I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Jayajit Das
Battelle Center for Mathematical Medicine
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
Biophysics Graduate Program and Department of Pediatrics
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43205
Email: das.70 @ osu.edu; jayajit.das @ nationwidechildrens.org ; jayajit @ gmail.com
Phone: 614-355-4526 (work)
Education and Professional Experience
- 2005-2008 Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2002-2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California at Berkeley
- 2000-2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Virginia Institute of Polytechnic and State University
- 2000 Ph.D. Physics, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore, India
- 1996 M.Sc. Physics, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai (Madras) India
- 1994 B.Sc. Physics, Presidency College, Kolkata(Calcutta), India
My lab uses theoretical and computational approaches based on statistical physics to uncover basic mechanistic principles underlying our innate and adaptive immune response. Obtaining such mechanistic principles from experimental observations alone is often difficult because the pertinent processes include co-operative dynamic events with many participating components. A further complication that confounds intuition is stochastic fluctuations in these systems with small numbers of molecules. However, by synergistically integrating observations from experiments with transgenic animals, single molecule techniques and imaging studies probing molecular events in live animals with these theoretical and computational approaches we can provide system-level understanding into such complex systems. The mechanistic insight gained from such studies not only will help develop future experiments to unravel basic principles of our immune system, but may also help envision therapeutic strategies for infectious diseases and autoimmune disorders.
Error fetching PMID 18760640:
Error fetching PMID 18025473:
Error fetching PMID 17360359:
Error fetching PMID 17346997:
- Jayajit Das, Mary Ho, Julie Zikherman, Christopher Govern, Ming Yang, Arthur Weiss, Arup K. Chakraborty and Jeroen Roose, Digital signaling and hystersis characterize ras activation in lymphocytes Cell, vol. 136, p. 337 (2009).
- Error fetching PMID 19098101:
- Error fetching PMID 18760640:
- Error fetching PMID 18025473:
- Error fetching PMID 17360359:
- Error fetching PMID 17346997:
- Detailed CV: Image:Das cv jan 09 web.pdf
Please contact me with a brief email stating your interest in our lab and a short CV for an available postdoctoral fellow position.